How to Avoid Tick Bites
Outer Cape Tours
Post-Adventure Tick Check
- Carefully inspect all outer layers of clothing and gear for ticks.
- To kill ticks on clothing, put your items into a dryer for about 15 minutes and the heat should kill them. If clothes are dirty, wash them in hot water. Cold or warmish water won’t kill ticks.
Check Your Body for Ticks
- Check for ticks in the shower to was off any unnoticed ticks.
- Inspect every part of your body for ticks; they can be tiny.
- Make sure to check between joints (behind knees, elbows, armpits), behind your ears and neck and in your hair. Ticks love warm, dark places.